Monday, October 12, 2009

Choices~

^-^
I guess I have more or less decided la~~
I will most likely study Foundation in Arts at HELP Uni~
Followed by Mass Comm to do Event Management~
My criteria for my career ( in order of importance ) is like:-
Family - 30%
Pay - 27%
Changing Enironment - 20%
Ability to Travel - 9%
Working hours - 8%
Stress - 6%
The PROs of Event management would be :-
~> It is a new and growing course
~> There is an average amount of job available
~> The environment will always change depending on the event
~> A lot of travelling
~> Quite a good pay
~> etc
The CONs of Event management would be :-
~> Lack of time spent with family and friends
~> Large amountevents of stress during major
~> Not of 9-5 job
~> etc
To me family is really important so it kinda makes me wanna rethink about taking this course... Cause I wanna be with my family now and when I have my own family I would lagi wanna be with them... But I think that a lot of jobs out there are also lidat... And those people still manage to spend time with their family so I think that if I put enough effort to spend time with my family I would be able to be with them while taking up this career ^^
Plus, if I travel a lot I wouldn't be able to compete in dance cause I would always be not around and I can't have a partner... But on the other hand, to do well in dance we also need to gain knowledge from other places so I guess travelling will help with dance in a way ^^~~
Money is a big problem in life... I mean there is so many things I want to do like learn the flute and violin, do dancing as my career and lots more but $$$$$ needed... so instead of being down, I wanna earn as much money as I can so that when my children want to learn something I can support them all the way~~
Imagine working behind the desk everyday counting money, or typing on the computer, or talking to lab apparatus everyday.... I will DIE! So meaning I need a job with an ever changing environment... Every event is different so meaning again that event management will give way for changing of environments often enough~~
Event's working hours are not constant... can be short hours can be long...depends if there is an event going on loo~~ I don't mind staying up so yeap~~
Stress~ I think I can work under stress quite ok~ Well...... again it depends on what stress but what job has no stress...
Ahhh!! I think i will stick to this choice~~ Unless I suddenly change my mind la~ ^^ hehe

No comments: