Friday, August 7, 2009

My Bottle...



A bottle,
An object that lies deep within my soul;
A bottle,
My one and only hiding place.

A hiding place from Pain,
A hiding place from Sadness;
A hiding place from Grief,
A hiding place from the world.

A place to store my thoughts,
A place to store my feelings;
A place for me to cry,
A place for me to suffer in silence.

Day by day,
My bottle is filled;
With experiences one can't explain,
With the pain I want to keep away.

Smiles on the surface,
But wounds from within;
I live my life,
By keeping in.

But once in a while,
My bottle becomes full;
I start to choke,
I start to suffocate.

Sitting in silence,
I will close my eyes;
To whisper a prayer,
To empty my bottle.

A prayer filled with tears,
A prayer filled with hope;
A prayer to plead,
A prayer to ask.

My bottle becomes an empty vessel,
Waiting to be filled again;
I keep on repeating this scenario,
So that I can continue smiling on the surface.

So that my smiles will never fade,
And I will keep on walking in the light.

:+: Su_mEi :+:

No comments: